Croatia is a Central European and Mediterranean country, bordering Slovenia in the west, Hungary in the north, Serbia in the east and Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro in the south; the country also has a long maritime border with Italy in the Adriatic Sea.
Croatia, a country with almost mythical status due to its beauty and wonders is a South Slavic land that hides itself on the beautiful Adriatic sea, rocky Balkan mountains and beautiful Pannonian plains.
Why visit Croatia?
- Croatia has 1185 islands, of which 67 are inhabited and some of them are also famous tourist destinations
- Almost 10% of Croatia is made up of 11 nature parks, 8 nationals parks and 2 natural reserves
- Croatia has highest number of UNESCO Intangible Goods of any European county
- to try great food and drinks and enjoy in
Interesting facts about Croatia
- Croatia is home of the world´s smallest town called HUM
- Croatian Slavoljub Penkala invented a mechanical pencil, called the Penkala in 1906, today we call it PEN
- Croatia is home of the worlds biggest truffle
- Nikola Tesla was born in Croatia
- Alfred Hitchcock said that seaside town Zadar has the best sunset in the world
- Cravat is from Croatia